The annual benefit auction is the signature fundraising event for Studio Art Quilt Associates*. Your purchases help increase the recognition for art quilts and the artists who make them while supporting SAQA’s exhibitions, publications, and education outreach.
The 2016 SAQA Benefit Auction begins at 2pm EDT on 16 September with Diamond Day bidding – an early bird opportunity to purchase ANY quilt for $1000.
After that, any unsold work is sold in divided up into three sections for bidding purposes. Each week, a different section of quilts will be available for bidding, starting at $750 and further reduced throughout the week. Artworks by the following MoT artists are available for purchase:
- Alicia Merrett – Village Green #2
- Dianne Firth – Swirl #2
- Sally Ann Westcott – A little help for my friend
- Susan Mathews – Regeneration 2
- Linda Robertus – Colouring In
- Brenda Gael Smith – Wild Lupins #4
- Lisa Walton – Japanese Tea Set #1
- Deborah Boschert – Small Multitudes
- Catherine McDonald – Ice Antarctic Chill
*Studio Art Quilt Associates offers many exhibition, network and mentoring opportunities for its members. If you’ve been thinking about joining SAQA, add the discount code “WKS ” to the application form (and add my name Brenda Gael Smith in the referral field) and you will receive a 10% discount on the membership fee.