a matter of time is a travelling textile art exhibition curated by Brenda Gael Smith comprised of 32 works exploring the fourth dimension (time) in cloth.
The notion of time is intriguing and sometimes paradoxical. It is at once rigid and fluid, fleeting and interminable, tangible but elusive, and abundant yet scarce. Like spatial position, temporality is an instrinsic property of existence. How the ‘fourth dimension’ of time is observed, manifested and experienced is at the heart of this exhibition.
Brenda Gael Smith, curator
The exhibition tours next to:
- The Q Exhibition Space, Queanbeyan, NSW, Australia: 28 June-16 July 2016. Exhibition opening and curator floor talk, 5.30-7.30pm Tuesday, 28 June 2016.
- Kyabram Town Hall, Kyabram, Victoria, Australia: 1 – 31 August 2016.
- Nautilus Art Centre, Port Lincoln, South Australia: 26 September – 21 October 2016.
- Craft & Quilt Fair, Adelaide: 3-6 November 2016. Curator floor talk at 12.30pm on Thursday, 3 November only.
- Millicent Gallery, Millicent, South Australia: 1 -31 December 2016.
- Gosford Regional Gallery, Gosford, New South Wales, Australia 18 February -23 March 2017. Opening at 6.30pm on Friday, 17 February 2017.
- New Zealand National Quilt Symposium: 5-10 October 2017 (subject to availability of venue).
Other venues are under investigation. For further information or exhibition queries, please contact email@example.com